Burcham Kitchen And First Floor Remodel
Clients returned to Custom Built for an extensive first-floor remodel of the kitchen and update of the neighboring living spaces in their home built during the late 1980s. The clients were looking to renovate their golden oak galley kitchen with an awkward layout into an open masterpiece with two tones of beautiful cabinetry, quartz countertops, modern appliances and a functional island. They asked for the kitchen walls to be removed to be able to enjoy their family and friends and to take advantage of the two-story ceiling heights.
Details of Burcham Remodeling Project
- Initial Space: Golden oak 24” cabinetry with wood-trimmed laminate countertops in a small galley kitchen space. Eating nook was closed off by a peninsula and upper bank of cabinets. Shiny “tiled” vinyl flooring and mismatched appliances.
- New Cabinetry: Homecrest Dover Maple in Alpine white and Java brown
- Specialty cabinetry features: Light rail molding accent, exposed end woodgrain panels, beadboard panels
- Elevated dishwasher cabinet, deep drawers to hold cookware and pots, pull-out towel holder, tall double-door pantry cabinets, open television cabinet, open bench seat
- Clear and opaque ribbed glass upper cabinet doors with internal lighting
- Soft-close drawers and pull-out cabinet organizers
- Countertops: Cambria Quartz in Wellington (Main) and Bellingham (Island)
- Tiled backsplash: Multi-colored matte subway tiles laid in a running bond pattern
- Sinks: Blanco Undermount Stainless Steel Rondo (Island) & Quatrus (Main Sink)
- Faucets: Delta Pilar Stainless Steel Touch Faucets
- Appliances: Stainless steel five-burner gas cooktop with two-story vented range hood, built-in convection microwave and wall ovens
- Flooring: 3 ¼” White Oak Wood Floors site finished
- Removed wallpaper and repainted first-floor living spaces