Delta Township Sunroom Addition
Having used Custom Built in the past for an exterior fence project, the clients knew that Custom Built had the expertise and quality workmanship to take care of all their remodeling needs. The clients were looking forward to retiring in the next year and were interested in adding a space onto their home for relaxation with a connection to the outdoors. Armed with magazine pictures and Pinterest finds, the clients worked with Custom Built’s designer to plan and create the perfect place to enjoy the next chapter in their life.
Details of Delta Township Sunroom Addition
- Initial: Multi-level wood deck with 2x2 spindle railings
- Vaulted all-seasons sunroom with stunning windows and beautiful interior trimmings
- Exterior: Certainteed Landmark multi-dimensional asphalt shingle, Alpine Ridge vinyl siding with aluminum vented soffits and seamless 5” aluminum eavestrough with gutter guards.
- Staircase from sunroom tied seamlessly into the existing lower deck
- Windows/Doors: Semco Low-E insulated glass wood casements, operable awnings and sliding patio doors. Two custom trapezoid fixed windows accentuate the peaked ceiling. Four Velux fixed 2’ x 4’ skylights.
- Heating System: Comfort Air mini-split heat pump with digital thermostat for the space. Radiant in-floor heating system under the tile flooring.
- Electrical System: Upgraded electrical system supports exterior floodlights, Hinkley exterior sconce, a MinkAire 54” five-blade ceiling fan/light, and specialty Kichler LED tape lighting installed around the sunroom’s crown molding.
- Interior trimmings: Colonial 3 ¼” casings, mulled window accents, light rail crown moldings, and colonial 4 ¼” base trim. Beadboard wall on the shared wall with the existing house.
- Flooring: Flaviker Dakota Avana 8” x 48” plank wood porcelain tile flooring