New Trex Deck At Thorngate Drive In East Lansing
The client and his wife contacted Custom Built about having their existing wood deck cleaned and restained. At the initial site visit, Custom Built made a recommendation to the client that the twenty-year old deck needed to be replaced. The clients decided to proceed with building a new pressure-treated wood deck. During the design process for the new deck, the clients evaluated how they use their deck and yard for entertaining friends and family. This assessment changed the scope of work. The size of the deck was enlarged to accommodate their entertainment needs and a material change from wood to Trex composite decking and Trex landscape lighting was made to enhance the beauty of backyard and the future lowmaintenance desires of the client.
Details of Thorngate Drive Deck Project
- Initial: Oddly-shaped narrow deck that connected the home’s multiple entrances and a meandering open riser staircase. Poor existing structure.
- Expanded deck another 230 square feet.
- Upgraded decking from pressure-treated lumber to Trex Transcend Classic in the Tree House color with a double border of Transcend Vintage Lantern.
- Upgraded from 2x2 cedar spindle railing to Trex Transcend Vintage Lantern square baluster railings.
- Changed location and function of staircase.
- Addition of Trex exterior lighting package with spot lights and round path lights to accentuate the client’s love of landscaping
Gallery Of Thorngate Drive Trex Deck Project
- CUSTOM BUILT DESIGN & REMODELING CO-OWNER ELECTED TREASURER OF THE HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
Okemos, MI – November 14, 2016 – Custom Built Design & Remodeling today announced co-owner Michael Flory has been elected treasurer of the Home Builder Association of Michigan… Read More